Published: May 24 , 2022.
Deadline for applicants: June 10 , 2022.
- Bipsync is a fast-growing, privately funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to optimise research management.
- Our customers include the world’s leading Allocators, Asset Managers and Alternative Fund Managers.
- You will be joining an established Systems Administration team who have responsibility for managing Bipsync’s infrastructure.
- You will join our Product team, working in a hybrid fashion: either from home or from our attractive and inspirational Cardiff office. We also have an office in New York with the potential for international travel.
- Salary of up to £70,000 p.a.
- We offer significant benefits in an exciting, friendly and flexible work environment.
- We are an equal-opportunities company that values diversity, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Please don’t hesitate to send in your application even if you don’t fully meet all the criteria.
Bipsync was founded in Silicon Valley by experienced investors and software developers.
We develop a Research Platform for professional investors, available on the web, mobile and desktop. The majority of our customers are multi-billion dollar asset managers who perform in-depth research on investment opportunities to get an edge in their investments.
The Research Management market is worth billions of dollars, but until now has been served by old-fashioned, legacy software companies. Our modern, mobile-friendly, design-focused product quickly established a foothold and reputation, and now wins over most clients when we’re up against the competition. The opportunity is massive.
We’re a fast-growing pre-IPO business with solid investment, a proven product strategy and a lucrative target market. This brings a number of benefits, including a high level of autonomy, a tightly-knitted team, and a lack of bureaucracy. The Bipsync team is driven by creative people who want to build extraordinary products for an underserved market.
As a DevOps Engineer you will secure, manage and maintain Bipsync’s infrastructure. This includes local, internal and production systems — our platform supports several modern web applications, APIs, an iOS app, a desktop app and much more.
Our production systems are located in AWS and we currently employ several tools including Terraform, Ansible and Docker to support hundreds of virtual machines. You’ll bring your experience of system administration to bear to ensure that these instances are healthy and secure; our dedication to security is exemplified by our SOC 2 Type 1 certification. The Bipsync application stack is built upon key AWS offerings including EC2, SES, S3, RDS and IAM, and also uses several additional products including MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Supervisord. You’ll help us manage these but also identify and integrate new technologies to improve our solution.
Our internal systems include a comprehensive Continuous Integration system which is facilitated by Jenkins and features integrations with automation tools like Rundeck. This arrangement enables effortless deployments which form the backbone of our regular release cycle, and we’ll count on you to help keep our applications reliable and error-free, 24/7. We strive to automate everything and keep human interaction to a minimum wherever possible.
You’ll form strong bonds with team members across different departments. You’ll collaborate with Software Engineers to identify and implement solutions for challenging problems, and the Finance team will seek your input as we keep our systems as cost-efficient as possible.
Our team are passionate, skilful and welcoming, and people enjoy working at Bipsync because of the trust, freedom and empowerment they are given. We strive to make everyone a key contributor in our ongoing success.
- A relevant technical/computing degree or an equivalent technical background.
- Proven experience as a systems administrator, developer, or a combination thereof.
- Deep knowledge of Linux and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or Groovy.
- Experience with troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- An understanding of and appreciation for agile project management methodologies.
- Competitive compensation.
- A Comprehensive Health Cash Plan.
- Private Health insurance.
- Enhanced family-friendly policies.
- Enhanced employer pension contributions.
- A monthly wellbeing allowance to spend on our flexible benefits platform.
- Birthday celebrations, regular lunches, events and team nights out.
- Unlimited vacation policy, flexible and remote working opportunities.
- Potential for travel to the US.
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement, featuring a brand new, easily-accessible office.
- Brand new equipment and a home office budget.
- Learning and development opportunities, with a clear path for progression.
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee, fruit, snacks and goodies in our well-stocked kitchen.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bipsync are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to collaborate, belong, learn and grow. We recruit and reward based on capability and performance and encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We’re committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and we value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.