Published: July 15, 2022.
Deadline for applicants: July 29, 2022.
- Bipsync is a fast-growing, privately funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to optimise research management.
- Our customers include the world’s leading Allocators, Asset Managers and Alternative Fund Managers.
- You will be joining an established QA team, responsible for ensuring quality throughout our web, desktop and iOS applications.
- You’ll need to have excellent knowledge of software testing procedures and tools, including automation solutions.
- You will join our Product team, working in a hybrid fashion: either from home; from our attractive and inspirational Cardiff office; or a mix of the two — whatever suits you. We also have an office in New York with the potential for international travel.
- Salary of £70,000 p.a.
- We offer significant benefits in an exciting, friendly and flexible work environment.
- We are an equal-opportunities company that values diversity, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Please don’t hesitate to send in your application even if you don’t fully meet all the criteria.
Bipsync was founded in Silicon Valley by experienced investors and software developers.
We develop a Research Platform for professional investors, available on the web, mobile and desktop. The majority of our customers are multi-billion dollar asset managers who perform in-depth research on investment opportunities to get an edge in their investments.
The Research Management market is worth billions of dollars, but until now has been served by old-fashioned, legacy software companies. Our modern, mobile-friendly, design-focused product quickly established a foothold and reputation, and now wins over most clients when we’re up against the competition. The opportunity is massive.
We’re a fast-growing pre-IPO business with solid investment, a proven product strategy and a lucrative target market. This brings a number of benefits, including a high level of autonomy, a tightly-knitted team, and a lack of bureaucracy. The Bipsync team is driven by creative people who want to build extraordinary products for an underserved market.
As our Lead QA Engineer you will manage the QA team, overseeing the creation of testing strategies and the continued improvement of established testing practices. You will help us welcome new clients to the Bipsync platform, and retain existing clients, by ensuring that we continue to deliver software of the highest quality.
The Bipsync platform includes web, desktop and iOS apps, browser extensions and a suite of plugins for Microsoft Office. You’ll collaborate with our software engineers to scope out new features, determining how they should function and crafting comprehensive acceptance criteria that must be adhered to. As your knowledge of the platform grows you’ll advocate for the user and their experience, identifying ways in which the product could be enhanced through insightful opinion.
By planning and executing test scripts for new and existing product features you’ll give us a high level of confidence that the product is ready to ship on a monthly schedule. You’ll also identify and evaluate new technologies to keep our testing strategy modern and effective. We’ll rely on your knowledge to help us troubleshoot technical issues and bugs to assist with their resolution.
Our team are passionate, skilful and welcoming, and people enjoy working at Bipsync because of the trust, freedom and empowerment they are given. We strive to make everyone a key contributor in our ongoing success.
- A relevant technical/computing degree or an equivalent technical background.
- Experience of working on at least one consumer or enterprise software project.
- More than six years’ experience in a senior QA engineer role.
- Expertise in manual, automated, regression, release and performance testing.
- Experience of working with a lean, agile approach.
- Competitive compensation.
- A Comprehensive Health Cash Plan.
- Private Health insurance.
- Enhanced family-friendly policies.
- Enhanced employer pension contributions.
- A monthly wellbeing allowance to spend on our flexible benefits platform.
- Birthday celebrations, regular lunches, events and team nights out.
- Unlimited vacation policy, flexible and remote working opportunities.
- Potential for travel to the US.
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement, featuring a brand new, easily-accessible office.
- Brand new equipment and a home office budget.
- Learning and development opportunities, with a clear path for progression.
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee, fruit, snacks and goodies in our well-stocked kitchen.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bipsync are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to collaborate, belong, learn and grow. We recruit and reward based on capability and performance and encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We’re committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and we value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.