Published: March 25, 2022.
Deadline for applicants: April 25, 2022.
- Bipsync is a fast-growing, privately funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to optimise research management.
- Our customers include the world’s leading Allocators, Asset Managers and Alternative Fund Managers.
- As a Product Designer you will be responsible for the full product design process across all our applications, from research through to documentation and delivery.
- You will join our Product team, working in a hybrid fashion: either from home, or from our attractive and inspirational Cardiff office. We also have an office in New York with the potential for international travel.
- Salary of up to £60,000 p.a.
- We offer significant benefits in an exciting, friendly and flexible work environment.
- We are an equal-opportunities company that values diversity, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Please don’t hesitate to send in your application even if you don’t fully meet all the criteria.
Bipsync was founded in Silicon Valley by experienced investors and software developers.
We develop a Research Platform for professional investors, available on the web, mobile and desktop. The majority of our customers are multi-billion dollar asset managers who perform in-depth research on investment opportunities to get an edge in their investments.
The Research Management market is worth billions of dollars, but until now has been served by old-fashioned, legacy software companies. Our modern, mobile-friendly, design-focused product quickly established a foothold and reputation, and now wins over most clients when we’re up against the competition. The opportunity is massive.
We’re a fast-growing pre-IPO business with solid investment, a proven product strategy and a lucrative target market. This brings a number of benefits, including a high level of autonomy, a tightly-knitted team, and a lack of bureaucracy. The Bipsync team is driven by creative people who want to build extraordinary products for an underserved market.
We’re looking for an experienced, talented and organised Product Designer to own and enhance the user experience of our award-winning Research Management System.
Experience is key because the Bipsync platform is comprised of multiple applications — several web apps, an iOS app and a Desktop app — and you will be trusted to nurture and improve each of them. Our existing roadmap promises numerous exciting challenges, but we know that many potential features are waiting to be unearthed by the right hire.
Talent is essential because the responsibilities involved are so varied. As our Product Designer you’ll be leading discovery and research sessions with our clients, learning how their businesses operate to figure out how Bipsync can facilitate their workflows. You’ll distill and disseminate this information to the product team and other key stakeholders in the business, across sales, marketing and customer success. We will then work collaboratively to decide how the product should change based on qualitative and quantitative data.
From here you will iteratively craft insightful designs — whether they be quick sketches, interactive wireframes or pixel-perfect prototypes — until we arrive at our chosen solution. Your ideas will be informed by our business goals, such as our target markets, and our product goals, like our determination to put the user’s experience first, as all good products do. You’ll then work with our software engineers to make your designs a reality, and ensure they are applied across our applications with a high degree of consistency and polish.
This is where your excellent organisation comes into play, because the thorough documentation and comprehensive design systems you produce will be instrumental as we achieve the best results. You will need to manage your time and input effectively — knowing when to apply high levels of attention to detail and when low fidelity concepts will suffice, for example. You will build and maintain an extensive library of user profiles, becoming an expert in the way that users use our software and championing them by advocating for their interests.
Our team are passionate, skilful and welcoming, and people enjoy working at Bipsync because of the trust, freedom and empowerment they are given. We strive to make everyone a key contributor in our ongoing success.
- Strong discovery and research skills, including the ability to interpret data objectively.
- Experience of building and shipping features and/or products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
- Visual design experience with proficiency in typography, colour, layout, and iconography.
- Fluent ability with industry standard design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Axure, Creative Cloud etc.).
- An accomplished understanding of UI/UX, including the ability to map user journeys and flows.
- Experience of designing and delivering wireframes and mock-ups optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces, such as web, mobile and desktop.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills with an adaptable and positive attitude.
- Able to represent work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload under pressure, meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience of working with a lean, agile approach.
Optional But Advantageous:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- An understanding of HTML and CSS.
- A good awareness of corporate branding in digital media.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG).
- Prior usage of usability testing to iterate on digital product designs.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bipsync are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to collaborate, belong, learn and grow. We recruit and reward based on capability and performance and encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We’re committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and we value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Competitive compensation.
- A Comprehensive Health Cash Plan.
- Private Health insurance.
- Enhanced family-friendly policies.
- A monthly wellbeing allowance to spend on our flexible benefits platform.
- Birthday celebrations, regular lunches, events and team nights out.
- Unlimited vacation policy, flexible and remote working opportunities.
- Potential for travel to the US.
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement, featuring a brand new, easily-accessible office.
- Brand new equipment and a home office budget.
- Learning and development opportunities, with a clear path for progression.
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee, fruit, snacks and goodies in our well-stocked kitchen.