Release 160 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is out now, and features a brand new way to sync data into your RMS along with several other improvements and bug fixes.
Microsoft Exchange Sync
Microsoft Exchange is the server of choice for most in our industry to store email along with calendar events, contacts, tasks, and more. We’ve long offered a plugin which allows users to seamlessly import mail in to Bipsync, and with this release we’re also able to seamlessly import events and contacts too.
You can now sync, organize and track events in Bipsync and, most critically, associate and tag events to any (and many) objects and content in the system – company, pipelines, contacts, notes and documents, tasks etc. Put simply, this enables you to find all information related to any event – specific earnings calls, memos, expert network calls, manager meetings etc. – all at a glance and all linked with your wider research processes, and workflows.
This additional event data is incredibly relevant when it comes to contact management, as notes in Bipsync are often made in the context of a meeting with one or more key contacts. For example, an analyst can now add tags to a note taken during an Expert Network meeting for both the event itself and the personnel involved in the meeting – including the analyst(s) and the expert themselves.
These tags make the information within the note more discoverable across the firm, allowing analysts from other teams to learn from the data within.
Key for many clients, is our ability to incorporate additional workflows to ensure that notes and specific fields are submitted for all such meetings: our Rules engine can schedule submission reminders and call note template types for example. Similarly, our Reporting engine can provide Compliance teams with a list of the meetings attended within a given timeframe. This could highlight any meetings that are missing notes or other key metadata such as an acknowledgement from the analyst that the note contains only public information.
Creating content linked to an event is now as simple as clicking on the event in the Calendar widget, and then clicking the ‘New note’ button within the pop-up:
While we see clear uses for Expert Network and Corporate Access calls, there are many other ways this feature can dramatically improve an organization’s workflow. Please see our documentation portal for more details regarding how the feature works and what it’s capable of, and get in touch if you’d like to enable it for your installation.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added a new rule condition that can match on notes tagged to items within a specific stage in a workflow.
- The API can now be used to unfreeze notes.
- The default sharing settings for Files and Notes can now be managed independently of one another.
- Fixed an issue with grids which could cause dashboards to not load.
- Prevented scrollbars from appearing within inline comments when using Firefox.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent PDFs from being generated for notes.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the “Change Document Locking” rule action from working.
- Fixed an issue with pasting IDP certificates when managing Single-Sign-On settings in the Setup app.
- Fixed an issue where the sharing button would disappear after use of the dashboard editor.