Bipsync UK are delighted to announce The Trussell Trust as our UK charity partner for 2021.
The Trussell Trust support a nationwide network of food banks. They provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty, and campaign for change to end the need for food banks in the UK.
“We want to ensure everyone can afford the essentials in life. We are working towards a compassionate, just society without the need for large-scale emergency food distribution.” – the Trussell Trust
The partnership will span over two years and we hope to raise £5000, which will help towards their vision of ending the need for food banks.
We believe it’s important to support charitable causes that make a real difference. We chose The Trussell Trust as our next UK charity partnership because we know they do just that.
In the last year, a record 2.5 million emergency food parcels were sent to people in crisis by food banks in the Trussell Trust network. That’s a shocking 33% increase in need from the previous year, and almost a million of these parcels went to children.
Need at food banks has been increasing year-on-year, and these new figures highlight an alarming 128% rise compared to this time five years ago. Supporting food banks to provide support in these difficult times covers a huge variety of work. The Trussell Trust work alongside food banks to ensure projects are run to a high standard and provide training, guidance and resources for issues projects face. This includes:
- One to one support on the ground through an Area Manager
- Access and support for a range of unique purpose-built systems that refer people to food banks, measure how many people need their support, and help coordinate volunteer teams
- A grants programme which can be used to fund a variety of different things that food banks might struggle to fund otherwise, including funding advice workers who can offer holistic support to people at the immediate point of crisis
- Access to a central support team
- Support with accessing and distributing stock
- A share in nationally negotiated fundraising partnerships with corporates
- Best practice sharing across food banks
- Support in responding to crises or unexpected situations as they arise
At Bipsync, we have some exciting plans in the pipeline, starting with “100 Pushups a Day for May” and are confident our target of £5000 will be achieved so we can help support The Trussell Trust in all their amazing work.