The Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now on release 137. While this release contains a number of improvements and fixes, we’re most excited about a technology upgrade that has resulted in performance improvements across the board.
Almost every software product is underpinned by numerous programs and libraries, and Bipsync is no exception. Over the summer we’ve focussed on upgrading our dependencies to ensure that we’re running the latest and greatest versions of things like PHP, Mongo DB, and Elasticsearch.
This is important for a number of reasons, including ease of product development and ensuring we can continue to attract talented technical hires. Critically though, it results in a measurable impact on Bipsync’s performance, right through the stack.
By upgrading MongoDB we have improved the performance of our database reads and writes, as well as improving the reliability of data replication, which underpins our data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
This has the effect of reducing the latency of all network requests to the Bipsync app, which makes it much snappier to use. This effect is further enhanced when taking in to consideration the performance improvements from adopting the latest version of PHP:
Overall our clients should find Bipsync behaves much quicker, and we can’t wait to leverage some of the new features in the upgraded platform to deliver an even more compelling product.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- Added a new Rules condition which can match against text in a note’s content.
- Added support for International Date Format in date fields.
- Added a configuration option to list field values on separate lines when exporting a note as a PDF.
- Added the ability to freeze and unfreeze notes via the API.
- Added the ability to freeze notes via Rules.
- User accounts which have been disabled are now indicated as such in the reporting app.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented profile photos from uploading.
- Fixed an issue which prevented a list companies in the web app from being filtered after an alphabetical sort.
As usual, please get in touch with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.