Release 167 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is out now. This release focuses on improvements to our event sync feature, but includes a number of other fixes and improvements.
Rules for Calendar Events
Our Rule Engine is now able to process changes to Events. This means that whenever one or more conditions occur, like an event being tagged by a particular ticker or fund, or shared with a certain group, one or more actions can be automated.
This is a powerful new feature that introduces many use cases for clients; automatically notify interested parties of a recently arranged Expert Network call, or remind a user group of an upcoming earnings event. Essentially, it’s now easier to share calendar information more widely across the firm, so opportunities to involve others in the research process are not missed.
Apply Event Metadata to Notes
A while back we added a button to the event details view which allows a note to be quickly created from – and automatically tagged to – an event. This is a neat feature which makes it easy to dive in to note taking from the calendar when a meeting or call begins.
In this release we’ve added the ability to copy metadata from an event to a note that is created from it, since there’s usually a lot of overlap in the data that should be captured. In the example below, we’ve created a note from an event and Bipsync automatically populated the attendee, location and meeting date fields on the note.
Since much if not all of this data is usually provided by calendaring tools like Microsoft Exchange, this is an efficient way to ensure that notes that relate to events are fully realised with a rich set of metadata that aids discoverability and meets standards for compliance.
Find Research Tagged To Events
Our revamped search now allows users to find research which has been associated with a given calendar event. Simply search for an event and add its token to the search query to filter the search results accordingly.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added a new API endpoint which supports finding attachments by the type of research they belong to.
- Subscription emails now indicate the date each item was last updated, and the name of the person who made the change.
- Research version history now indicates changes which were made by a Super Admin.
- Fixed an issue which could cause spellcheck error indicators to incorrectly appear.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Super Admins from deleting contact details on contacts linked to Bipsync users.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented users from reverting research back to an earlier version.
- Fixed an issue which prevented grids from being filtered by a ‘last updated’ column.
- Fixed an issue which prevented grids from being filtered when grid rows were grouped.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on a newly created tag within an Omnifield could cause the app to freeze.