Release 183 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now available. This release includes a powerful enhancement to search along with plenty of other improvements and bug fixes.
Search by Custom Filters
Bipsync has the ability to define custom filters, which are effectively shortcuts that allow the listing of notes according to potentially complex criteria. To date, these could be found under the Properties section of the app.
In this release, we’ve made it possible to include these filters as tokens in our search. This makes searching even more powerful because the custom filter tokens can be further complemented with other tokens, such as text-matching tokens.
In the example above we demonstrate a “Meeting Notes without Participants” custom filter which matches all notes which have been tagged with a “Meeting” type, but do not have a list of the participants of that meeting stored in the Participants field. This has been combined with a Tesla ticker token to limit the results to notes that were also tagged to Tesla. This would be really useful to a compliance team wanting to monitor incomplete notes.
Use cases aren’t limited to administrative functions — this approach could also enable users to search through “Notes submitted in the last month”, or “Notes which have been emailed”. It’s a very flexible feature.
If you’d like to explore the addition of custom filters to your installation, please get in touch.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- User lookup fields can be restricted to only accept the current user as a value.
- Event type field values can be mapped to Note type field values, to streamline the process where notes are related to particular events.
- Events synced from external sources (such as Microsoft Exchange) can now be partially edited — to update their tags, for example. Synced properties remain uneditable.
- Excel syncing now supports grouped fields.
- Images can now optionally be pasted in to HTML fields.
- The note filter menu now includes a ‘date created’ option.
- Fixed an issue which could cause tags to be duplicated on notes created from events.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the /v2/category/withContent endpoint to not return a complete set of results.
- Fixed an issue when sorting contexts in reverse alphabetical order.
- Fixed an issue which prevented events synchronised from external systems from being updated via rules.