Release 188 of the Bipsync Research Management System (RMS) is now available. This release includes a new plugin that allows users to tag and sync events without leaving Outlook, along with a number of other improvements and bug fixes.
Tag and Sync Calendar Events
Users of Bipsync will be familiar with our Outlook plugin, which allows mail to be effortlessly tagged and imported into the RMS, straight from the inbox.
The latest release adds a new feature to our Outlook integration: calendar event sync. Now it’s just as easy to import your meetings and appointments into Bipsync, where they can be associated with your research, shared with team members, and augmented with additional information.
Here’s a video of the feature in action:
The plugin can be customised to capture the data that drives each individual client’s workflow, much like Bipsync itself, and its tight integration with Outlook promises less context switching for users.
It’s a crucial component in our burgeoning suite of event import tools, which include Event Invite Sync and a Microsoft Exchange integration, so it’s never been easier to reference and share events that are happening — whether they are expert network meetings, earnings calls and investor relations briefings, or any other events taking place that are integral to the research process.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Labels can now be associated with calendar events.
- Events which were imported from an external source can now be deleted from Bipsync via our API.
- Improved the Desktop App’s authentication flow for clients using single-sign-on.
- Clickable hyperlinks can now be added to a field tooltip.
- Improved performance through more efficient memory usage.
- Fixed an issue which caused created/updated dates within emails from being displayed relative to the the user’s timezone.
- Fixed an issue which could cause tags to be duplicated when notes were created by the Mail Classifier.
- Fixed an issue which caused the order of columns in the note list to be unpredictable when in ‘table view’ mode.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent users from creating tasks.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this Bipsync Research Management System (RMS) release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.