Release 191 of the Bipsync Research Management System (RMS) is now available. This release includes a new feature further improving Bipsync’s CRM functionality, along with plenty of minor improvements and bug fixes.
Show only relevant contacts
Our clients rely on Bipsync’s CRM features to maintain their universe of contacts and associate them with their investment research. Since these contact lists are ever-expanding, as time goes on they can become overwhelming and difficult to browse. A client recently asked us if there was a way we could prioritise the display of contacts who are more useful to the research process.
In this release we’ve included such a change. It’s optional, but when enabled, it means that only those contacts who have some relevant data stored against them will be displayed in the app by default. This data could be any of the custom fields that Bipsync supports, or it could be file attachments, or it could be an association between a contact and other documents in the system, such as a tag on a note. We prioritise the display of contacts that the user is likely to want to see.
The remainder are still accessible and discoverable via search, lookup fields, and so on — they are just kept in the background until they have some information which makes them relevant. By placing the spotlight on the contacts who matter most to our users, they are able to maintain focus on the investment process.
If you’d like to enable this feature, please let us know.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- References to Bloomberg tickers are now included in subscription emails.
- The calendar search interface is now optional.
- API: The v1/project endpoint now allows the pipeline property to be set.
- Fixed an issue which could restrict filtering by users to only results related to the current user.
- Fixed an issue which could result in the contact grid widget being incorrectly empty.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some files from being included in ZIP exports.
- Fixed an issue which caused location filters to show duplicate options.
- Fixed an issue with the ‘recently used first’ label sort feature.
- Fixed an issue which prevented filtering grid widgets by multiple tags.
- Fixed an issue which caused the note total of labels to disappear on hover.
- Fixed an issue which caused the ‘completed’ task filter to not show any results.