Release 192 of the Bipsync Research Management System (RMS) is now available. This release includes new features to support client workflows that involve documents, along with lots of other improvements and bug fixes.
Document Completion Workflows
A key element of Bipsync’s mission statement is the removal of friction from the Research Management process. This is manifest in the way that the interface stays out of the user’s way as much as possible, enabling them to accomplish their tasks with minimal friction.
However, certain workflows exist which call for real-time validation of the information that is being submitted. For example, maybe it’s essential that Expert Network call notes are tagged with the attendees for compliance requirements, or perhaps each fund performance review needs a follow-up date to be set so that Bipsync’s rules engine can create appropriate tasks for the relevant users.
Such situations dictate that users should be encouraged, or directed, to enter the information to facilitate said workflows. Doing so in a manner that also supports Bipsync’s ethos of frictionless interaction is a challenge that we have worked hard to solve — and in this release, we’re pleased to present the result!
The solution actually involves a few components, all of which can be enabled independently or as a whole:
- Mandatory fields can now be permanently highlighted, as opposed to an animated highlight which fades away after a number of seconds (which remains the default).
- A prompt can be displayed when a user tries to navigate away from a document with incomplete mandatory fields. The prompt specifies the information that is required. It can be dismissed, in which case navigation is resumed.
- Documents with incomplete fields can be prevented from being shared with other users or groups. This really suits workflows which have the sharing of a document as a key stage.
Here’s a glimpse of these features in action:
If you’d like to enable some or all of these features to improve your research processes, please get in touch.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- An ISIN is now associated with company records which map to a stock market ticker.
- Grid column headers now freeze in place when scrolling.
- Additional sorting options are now available when browsing contexts such as Geographies, Industries, Fund Managers, etc.
- Tickers are now displayed when configuring rules that reference company tags.
- Users can now disable Slack integration on a per-user basis.
- A user’s locking preferences are now respected when duplicating notes.
- Improved the way that tags are displayed within tasks.
- Improved search performance.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent the time input field appearing for events.
- Fixed an issue which meant that some grid columns which referenced other documents sometimes displayed the wrong document name.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent file attachments from being included in search results.
- Fixed an issue which caused the note count for labels to be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue which prevented grids from being filtered by a location field.