Release 202 of the Bipsync Research Management System is now available and features two changes which promise to improve our clients’ workflows, along with a number of smaller improvements and bug fixes.
Sync Forwarded Events From Outlook
Our Outlook plugin allows users to sync events from their Outlook calendar to their Bipsync calendar, from there they can be shared with other Bipsync users and associated with investment research. Initially, this was possible either for events where the user was the organiser or an attendee — invitations that were forwarded on to others could not be synced. As of this release that is now possible, further expanding the utility of this key feature.
Grouped Fields Support In Emailed Notes
Grouped fields are a special type of field which allow multiple data points to be stored in a tabular format. They’re a longstanding feature of the platform but until now have not been included in the field metadata which appears within emails sent from the app. That’s changed in this release which means that the full set of available metadata is now available in research emails. This requires configuration so please let us know if this is something you’d like to see enabled in your environment.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- HTML data that is created from dynamic sections of a note template (e.g. a URL to the website of a related public company) is now rendered correctly in notes created from that template.
- The v1/field API endpoint now includes the breadcrumb property for each listed field.
- Hyperlinks within grid columns are now clickable.
- Subscription notifications are now more comprehensively sent when items of content are associated with events.
- The RMS app’s search UI was improved to make it easier to select a result.
- Fixed an issue which caused the grid’s grouping settings to reset when manipulating visible columns, along with several other improvements to group by functionality.
- Fixed an issue which prevented empty values from being added to grouped fields via the API.
- Fixed an issue which caused contact names with accented characters to be displayed incorrectly within token input fields.
- Fixed numerous grid widget data display issues.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.