Release 203 of the Bipsync Research Management System (RMS) is now available — read on to see what’s been added in this version.
Set Note Title Via Mail Classifier Rules
A client asked if we could add a new feature to the Mail Classifier’s rule engine which allowed the title of the created research document to be set by the rule. This would be useful, for example, to maintain a specific naming structure for certain types of documents that are harvested via email, as with transparency reports for fund managers in the above example.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- A new configuration option allows additions to a set of grouped fields to be placed at the top of the list instead of at the bottom, which remains the default.
- The tree picker field type now supports multiple selections.
- Research lookup fields now feature additional context menu options, to either navigate to the selected research item or open it in a new tab.
- The dashboard editor now allows all fields to be selected / deselected in one go, to speed up the configuration of dashboards that have a significant number of available fields.
- Grouped fields are now included in automated emails sent from the rules engine.
- Ensured that in all configuration scenarios, files can be dragged and dropped into Bipsync to create a new research document.
- Removing a checklist field value will warn the user before dependent field values are also removed.
- Ensured that dynamic placeholders within templates are populated even if they reference entities that have yet to be associated with research.
- The visibility of pages created with App Engine can now be limited by user group.
- Improved the display of events that have substantially long titles.
- Fixed an issue where some custom widgets would sometimes not display field values.
- Fixed an issue where the parent value in a hierarchical set of list fields was sometimes not selected when one of its children were chosen.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the “Open in new tab” option from appearing when interacting with tags in the search bar.
- Fixed an issue which limited the number of grouped field values that could be displayed in a custom widget.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented images from being displayed within notes in the reporting app.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the editing of users with accented characters in their names within the user administration app.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this Research Management System RMS release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.