Release 207 of the Bipsync Research Management System (RMS) is now available. We’re excited to introduce a new integration with Canoe in this release, along with a few other useful improvements and a handful of bug fixes.
Data Room Document Ingestion via Canoe Intelligence
Many of our Allocator clients, such as Endowments and Foundations, use data rooms (e.g. Intralinks) in order to access confidential documents such as Capital Call Notices or Wire Confirmations. Such documents are critical to these companies’ workflows, so it’s essential that they’re identified and acted upon at the earliest opportunity.
Canoe’s platform is able to aggregate documents from multiple sources, including data rooms, and automatically extract salient information from them. In this release, we’ve added a first-class integration with Canoe Intelligence which allows Bipsync to consume the documents that Canoe has aggregated and processed. It’s a highly configurable integration that allows our clients to filter incoming documents to include only those from particular sources, such as Intralinks, or only those of given types, like Capital Distribution Notices. Bipsync’s Rules Engine can be employed to drive related workflows: automatically tagging documents to make it easy to find them in the system, notifying any users who need to respond to them, and so on.
It’s a powerful feature which has been requested by many of our clients. If you’re interested in using the integration, please get in touch. We’ll be sharing more on this feature in the coming weeks, so watch this space!
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The Mail Classifier now supports filtering mail based on the file type of message attachments.
- When duplicating notes, it’s now possible to clone any files that were attached to the original note.
- Data lookup fields include a link so users can easily navigate to the original data source.
- A new configuration option allows users to opt-out of tagging new notes to the current context automatically as they are created.
- Enhancements to the sharing menu UI in the RMS web app to make it more clear who an item of content has been shared with.
- Fixed an issue that prevented issues with viewing the current day’s events in the calendar widget when using a zoom level other than 100%.
- Fixed an issue that prevented grids from being filtered in some situations.
- Fixed an issue that allowed invalid dates to be typed into the date picker component.
- Fixed an issue that caused list fields to require two clicks before a value could be selected.
- Fixed an issue that allowed users to duplicate items within pipelines that were set to be read-only.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this Research Management System (RMS) release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.