The Bipsync Research Management System has been updated to release 104, with a number of improvements and new features. These include:
- Image attachments that include text can now be searched, thanks to the new OCR feature that’s been integrated into the Bipsync search engine.
- Support for Duo Two Factor “Push” authentication, as part of our Single-Sign On partner integrations.
- Further additions to Automation Rules, including:
- New “rule checking periods” for end of every month, and end of every quarter.
- Date conditions can be set for user defined periods, e.g. 1 hour ago.
- Conditions can be added for dependent date fields.
- New action to “email the owner”.
- All email actions can have a custom subject line.
- “Unmatched tags” are automatically removed if they are manually added to a note.
- The “new user email” that is sent when a new account is created now includes a link to immediately log in to the system (and set a new password), to prevent users incorrectly typing in temporary passwords on first login.
- We’ve tweaked the note formatting toolbar based on user feedback: the strikethrough button is now displayed by default, and the Insert Image button, which is used less frequently, has been moved under the formatting sub-menu.
- Improved support for adding and removing tags via the API.
- Dozens of other fixes and improvements.
As always, please get in touch with your comments, suggestions and questions.