Release 159 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is out now, along with version 1.35.0 of our iOS app. We’re expanding the range of data that is accessible from the iOS app, starting with Contacts.
Contact Metadata on iOS
Bipsync has a flexible object model which is able to store and represent pretty much any data type an asset management organization might need, such as listed companies, fund managers and vendors.
Contacts are one such type, and in this release we’ve added support for viewing contact metadata within the iOS app, Bipsync Notes. This is the start of a product development effort which will allow the metadata of all our custom data types to be viewed on iOS, available on the go and even when offline.
With this release, you’re now able to readily access information across all your contact details on iOS in just a few clicks, by one of the following methods:
- Navigate to the contact list, and then tap the information icon to the right of the contact’s name.
- Tap on a contact, then tap the information icon in the bottom toolbar.
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Added a new grid column datasource which can display the most recent value for a child document – e.g. “show the note-type for the last note tagged to AAPL”.
- The Interactions widget is now able to show a configurable number of items.
- Fixed a bug when generating SSO ACS URLs for applications.
- Fixed a bug which caused some fields to not be included in notification emails.
- Fixed an issue which caused grids to become unresponsive after a column was removed.
- Fixed an issue where deleting an item in the context panel would sometimes cause other items to become hidden.
- Fixed an issue where search terms would not always be highlighted in attachments that matched the criteria.
- Fixed a bug which caused comments to sometimes not be editable.
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements.