The Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now on release 107, with updates and improvements that include:
New Spellcheck Engine
We’ve re-written the Bipsync spellchecker from the ground up, so that spelling mistakes are consistently highlighted.
Right-click a highlighted word to view spelling suggestions or add custom words to your dictionary. To enable the spellchecker, click your name in the top-left, then Settings > Preferences > Note spellcheck.
Emailed Note Information
This feature came from a common customer request. You can now view a “sent” history for every note: when the note was emailed, and to who.
To accompany this new information, you’ll also find a new option under “Properties” on the left – “Notes Sent Via Email” – where you can quickly see all notes you’ve emailed. Important: this will only display notes emailed since release 107.
Compliance App users will also notice a new filtering option for “emailed notes”, and additional information about email recipients in note activity entries.
Improved Excel Plugin
We’ve improved the performance of the Excel Plugin (see release 62 and release 84 for more information) and resolved a number of issues that could result in duplicate notes being created from the same sync’ed Excel file. We recommend that all Excel Plugin users upgrade to the new version.
- We’ve re-built the Bipsync font files to make all text display more clearly for Windows users.
- When an Idea or Portfolio Item is assigned to someone, it is automatically shared with them.
- Email notifications for comments have been improved to render rich comments more accurately.
- The portfolio export file now includes a “date updated” column.
- We’ve made a number of improvements to our Outlook/Exchange data importer, including a new tool to migrate inline comments.
As usual, please get in touch with your feedback, suggestions or questions.