Release 170 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now available. This release introduces our Slack integration along with numerous other improvements and bug fixes.
Post Research to Slack
We’re developing several features which integrate Bipsync with Slack to make it simple to exchange data between the two products. The first of these is available in this release, enabling your long-form content to be framed in the context of a wider slack conversation.
The integration allows your Bipsync notes and files to be brought to the attention of colleagues via slack who can then one-click consume that content in Bipsync, securely.
Once a user has installed our Slack app via the Settings > Integrations menu in Bipsync, they’ll then see a new button in the research editor menu bar.
A sharing interface appears when the button is activated, allowing users to choose the Slack channels within which the research will be shared.
Bipsync then posts messages to each of these channels. The automated message provides context to the research, and key metadata (author, date etc.) along with links to both the research and any files that have been associated with it.
Here’s a demo of the feature in action:
This is just the first in a series of planned Slack-related and collaboration tool features and functionality, so stay tuned for more.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The end date/time of an all day Event now now defaults to 24 hours after its start date.
- Improved the display of Events with long descriptions.
- Fixed an issue with the sharing interface which occasionally led to the current user being added to the list of shared users.
- Fixed an issue which caused menus to persist on screen.
- Fixed an issue which caused tokens by which a grid had been filtered to not display in column headers.
- Fixed an issue which caused grid filters to not function if a filtered column was subsequently removed or disabled.
- Fixed an issue involving tokens occasionally being incorrectly flagged as related to incomplete records.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the “Open in new tab” button for Events from functioning.