Release 177 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now available. This release further expands the capabilities of our Mail Classifier and also includes several other improvements and bug fixes.
Mail Classifier: Attach original emails to Notes
Back in release 164 we introduced the Mail Classifier, which allows email to be automatically imported to Bipsync as a note and tagged according to a set of rules.
In this release we’ve added a couple of new config options to the Mail Classifier which enhances its ability to shape email workflows.
The first option allows the email from which each note was sourced to be attached as an .eml file. Should anyone want to interact with the the email – to reply to it or forward it on, for instance – they need only double-click the attachment to open it in their email client.
The second option allows the original email to be moved to a subfolder within the origin mailbox. This is useful to indicate it has been processed, for example.
Both options can be accessed from the main mailbox config view within the Setup app:
If you’d like more information on the Mail Classifier please get in touch.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Contacts listed within the search and tagging interfaces now display the associated company of each contact, if any.
- Reports can be run against specific Bipsync objects, such as companies and workflow items, to deliver targeted data sets.
- Notes can now be optionally marked as unread for other users each time they are updated by an author.
- Emailed reports can now optionally include the report as an attachment within the email (as opposed to a download link).
- Archives can be encrypted with a PGP key provided by a client.
- Added a new rule condition which matches items which have not been shared with other users.
- Fixed an issue which caused contacts added through the web app interface to not be immediately searchable.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent some items not appearing on grids.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some contacts from appearing in lookup fields.
- Fixed an issue which caused an email dragged-and-dropped to Bipsync from Microsoft Outlook to be subsequently removed from Outlook.
- Fixed an issue which caused an incorrect message to appear when making multiple notes private at the same time.