Release 180 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now available. We’re excited to introduce a new way to control the sharing of research information, along with several other improvements and the usual bug fixes.
Shareable In-Note Components
Bipsync’s dynamic field technology allows us to craft flexible, customised data capture forms for notes, contacts, and many other content types. This data is available to anyone with whom the containing content item has been shared, which addresses the majority of uses – but not all. What if an author wants to capture some private thoughts in their note, but make the rest of its content available to their team?
In this release, through something we’re calling Sharable In-Note Components, this and much more is now possible.
To learn more, please read our “Feature in Focus” article which describes how the feature works and suggests how you could take advantage of it in your research workflow.
Add Attachments To Comments
This release also makes it possible for users to attach files to their comments. It’s simple to do – post a comment, then click on the attachment button underneath to open a file browser:
This addition allows users to further contextualise their discussions with relevant documents and images, and we hope it’ll prove as useful as we expect it will.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The attachment context menu is now positioned appropriate to the comment’s position on the screen.
- Imported dashboards now respect the default sharing sessions.
- API: We no longer use case-sensitive string matching when finding users via email address.
- Fixed an issue when using the keyboard to navigate the calendar widget.
- Fixed an issue which prevented new contacts from being created from the tagging interface.