Release 189 of the Bipsync Research Management System is now available. We’ve added a useful field type and improved the way notes can be displayed in table form, along with a number of new improvements and bug fixes.
Calculated Date Fields
Bipsync’s calculation fields have been expanded in this release, and can now process dates. This means that dates can be adjusted based on a formula, a feature that promises to be useful to the vast majority of our users.
A common use case that we often see is where a client would like to set a follow-up date for some time in the future, perhaps after a meeting, or a performance review. This can now be easily accomplished by using a calculated date field, where the follow-up date can be set as a time period such as 12 months, or 30 days:
The power of these calculated fields is apparent when you consider that they can be integrated with Bipsync’s rules engine. The vast configurability of this engine allows for automated reminder emails when the date is reached, the creation and assignment of tasks to relevant users, or the addition of events to one or more users’ calendars.
If you’d like to take advantage of this new feature in your investment workflow, please get in touch.
Table View Improvements
Research can be listed in many different ways within Bipsync, and one of the most popular is “table view”, where key metadata elements for each research item are presented in column form:
In this release we’ve added two much-requested features: the ability to sort the list by a column in the table, and the ability to easily re-arrange the order of the columns.
Simply click on a column header to order by that column, and click again to order in reverse. Access the “Sort and View” menu to re-arrange the columns as desired. Here’s a video of the features in action:
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The Mail Classifier is able to associate notes with contacts whose email addresses match the contents of the to/from/CC fields of incoming email.
- Added a new config option which allows attachments to be downloaded via a double-click.
- Added support for displaying a security’s ISIN code on dashboards.
- The ‘Create Task’ rule action now applies the locking and sharing preferences of the user who owns the item that triggered the rule.
- The report runner now allows multiple values to be chosen from a list.
- Fixed an issue which caused some fields to not be included in emails sent out from the system via a rule action.
- Fixed an issue which caused the default value of a list field to not be applied when creating a new calendar event.
- Fixed an issue which prevent attachments from being downloaded if their name contained a % character.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the values of some fields from appearing on certain dashboards.
- Fixed an issue which caused a note search to not return results when combined with a list filter, such as “note type”.
- Fixed an issue which caused new documents to not be immediately searchable.
- Fixed an issue which prevented all notes from being marked as read.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.