Release 206 of the Bipsync Research Management System is now available. We’ve improved Bipsync’s research export capabilities along with its Rule Engine, and there are lots of other usability improvements too.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- When exporting a set of research documents as a ZIP archive, a new configuration option allows the names of resulting files to include values from one or more fields on each document, e.g. the companies or funds a document was tagged with.
- A new rule action makes it possible to set the value of a user lookup field on a document to match the assignee of a related task when that task is assigned to a user.
- The rule action which sets a value of a date field is now able to reference values by name such as “today”, “tomorrow” and “yesterday”, in addition to the existing relative value (+/- days/weeks/months/years) functionality.
- The rule condition which compares values for dates is now able to check against an expanded set of field types.
- The location lookup is now able to filter by county/state.
- Additional information (county, state, country) is displayed within grid widget columns which feature locations.
- Bipsync’s App Engine can now be enabled via the Setup app.
- A new configuration option allows select note or dashboard fields to be hidden from display.
- A new configuration option allows users to be automatically subscribed to research documents as they are created.
- It’s now easier to style dashboard fields with custom CSS.
- The performance of the calendar widget was improved.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some clients from being able to sync data to the iOS app.
- Fixed an issue which caused stale data to be displayed in grid widgets.
- Fixed an issue in the dashboard editor which could cause list field values to be accidentally removed.
- Fixed an issue which caused spellchecker highlights to be incorrectly aligned with misspelled words in HTML fields.
- Fixed an issue which could cause text sequences to be removed from note titles when submitted via the API.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some widgets from showing all applicable field values in some scenarios.
- Fixed an issue which meant that some grid column values were rendered incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue which caused some UI tokens to be unnecessarily truncated.
- Fixed an issue which caused autocomplete components to function incorrectly when a / character was included in the input.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.