Release 220 of the Bipsync Research Management System (RMS) is now available. We’ve added Slash Command functionality, a convenient way to insert common components into notes, and delivered a number of other improvements and bug fixes.
Note Editor Slash Commands
The note editor’s toolbar offers a host of formatting options, but one downside of a toolbar is that it requires the use of a mouse or trackpad which can disrupt one’s flow while typing a note.
To combat this, modern editors often offer a slash menu, which is triggered by pressing the forward slash “/” key on the keyboard. We’ve added support for such a menu in this release, and it allows users to quickly insert common components into a note such as headings, bulleted lists or tables:
It’s a neat way to format your note quickly and remain in the zone — give it a go!
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- User groups that are managed by the system can no longer be deleted from the user management facility.
- A new preference option allows users to decide whether the “add comment” button in the note editor adds a general comment or an inline comment by default.
- Pressing CTRL+Alt+H (CMD+Alt+H on a Mac) after selecting text in a note has always toggled highlighting of that text but as of this release, continuing to press that key combo will cause the highlight to cycle through a set of colors, before removing the highlight altogether.
- Tables within notes support column resizing via the click-and-dragging of a column.
- Notification emails to more than one person are now sent much quicker.
- The “remove formatting” note editor button is once again available.
- A new rule action allows a report to be run for each document that matches the given criteria.
- Fixed an issue which could cause a user to be redirected to the Home dashboard when attempting to view another dashboard.
- Fixed an issue which stopped the context menu for appearing for notes listed towards the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some inline comments from being attached or removed.
- Fixed an issue which prevented hierarchical navigation contexts from being moved via drag-and-drop.
- Fixed an issue which stopped tags from being removed from tree-picker lookup fields.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the “field was updated” condition from working with checklist fields.
- Fixed an issue that stopped users from subscribing to multiple note types in a short space of time.
Please get in touch with us if you’d like to discuss any of these changes in more detail.