Release 161 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is out now. In this release we introduce a new user role along with the usual improvements and bug fixes.
In this release we’re introducing a new user role, dubbed Super Admin. This role encompasses our existing admin roles and also gives a user the ability to edit or delete any content that is shared with them.
This feature empowers select users within an organization to curate the research submitted by others. Indeed, it’s similar to our existing Curator role, but differs in that it allows a greater range of content to be managed.
There are many use cases in which this feature is useful, from needing to unlock content created by users who have since left the firm, to adding missing tags to ensure key notes appear on generated reports. Essentially, it offers a way to ensure content is always correctly formed, while still respecting the sharing choices of users.
As with all our user roles, Super Admin is compatible with our User Provisioning feature so it can automatically be assigned to users via a Single-Sign-On integration.
If you’d like to learn more about how you could enable, or take advantage of this feature, please get in touch.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Improved the layout of the Rules interface.
- Added support for multiple date formats to the Excel data import feature.
- Fixed an issue which caused a note to be removed from the note list when its sharing settings were changed.
- Fixed an issue which prevented large images from being inserted in to notes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause images to not appear when saving notes as PDFs.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some users from creating a task associated with a note.