The Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now on release 150. This release includes a brand new integration with Tableau, in addition to several important improvements and bug fixes.
Many of our clients use Tableau to visualise their data. We’re often asked if there’s a way for Bipsync and Tableau to communicate so that the data we store in Bipsync can power Tableau charts and diagrams. That’s now possible as of this release.
You can now embed Tableau charts into Bipsync dashboards, and configure these with any data points that are available on that dashboard. This allows for dynamic charts which adapt to the context in which they’re viewed.
We’ll be writing in more detail on the integration in a future blog, but if you’d like to bring your Tableau charts and diagrams to Bipsync, we’d love to work with you to make that happen: just get in touch.
Fixes and Improvements
- We improved the efficiency of our background job processor, so tasks like importing and exporting data from Bipsync will now finish much quicker.
- Our AutoTagging feature is able to prioritise certain classifications of data (e.g. Funds) over others (e.g. Companies).
- It’s now possible to specify whether free text fields should restrict text to a single line.
- We added the ability to specify the color of tasks created from a Rule action.
- We fixed an issue which sometimes prevented URLs from being detected within HTML fields.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.