Bipsync Research Management System RMS has been updated to release 87, with a number of fixes and a couple of new features:
- Web Clipper Chrome Extension. The Bipsync web clipper bookmarklet is a popular add-on for saving web articles directly into Bipsync. If you use the Google Chrome browser, you can now upgrade to the Web Clipper Chrome Extension from your Settings > Apps & Add-ons panel. The extension has a couple of major benefits over the bookmarklet:
- It can work on many more sites, as it isn’t subject to the same browser security restrictions.
- It can clip PDF files from the browser, assuming you’re using the default built-in Chrome PDF viewer.
- Custom Classifications. Bipsync now supports custom classification schemes for tags, so that you can add new panels to the left column for Stock Baskets, Bonds, Indexes, Commodities, Investment Themes, etc.
- Edit Tickers. Bipsync automatically recognizes global tickers for most public companies. If the security/ticker for a particular company doesn’t match the one you want to use, you can now quickly and easily edit the ticker for that company.
- Full Note Content in Share Notifications. Bipsync will now email the full note content to the recipient when you choose to notify someone that you’ve shared a note with them.
As usual, please get in touch with your feedback, suggestions or questions.