Release 151 of our Bipsync Research Management System RMS is out now, with improvements that include:
Many of our allocator clients such as endowments, pension funds, and family offices will invest in funds raised by investment management firms.
Their Bipsync set-up often features a pipeline called “Funds” to model these investments:
The Funds within the pipeline are usually associated with another object which represents the Fund Manager, from which our users view their investment universe.
Assume that each Fund object has a field called “Asset Class”, which could be set to “EM Equities” or “Fixed Income”. This could be different for each fund; now, with our new Aggregate Field feature, when viewing the Manager’s dashboard it’s possible to obtain a list which is comprised of each discrete Asset Class of the Funds that belong to that Manager.
Clone Pipeline Items
Often, our users find themselves wanting to duplicate an item in a Pipeline. A common case involves the modelling of fund investments which repeats every year: it’s handy to be able to clone a new investment with the same values as the old investment, to use as a starting point.
Now that’s easy to do in Bipsync: when viewing a dashboard of an item you wish to clone, simply go to “More -> Save as Duplicate…”.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- Grid widgets now load data more intelligently, which improves their performance and rendering speed.
- The legibility of note text in the mobile version of Bipsync was improved.
- Users will now be prompted to confirm their intention before resetting the values of dependant fields on a note by removing the parent field value.
- The “Getting Started” note can now be generated from a note template, which gives clients the ability to customise it for their users.
- An issue was fixed which caused items to be incorrectly hidden when applying a filter to a context list.
- An issue was fixed which prevented dynamic fields from appearing on grids.
- An issue was fixed which sometimes prevented contacts from being deleted.
- An issue was fixed which sometimes prevented grids from being exported as a CSV file.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.