Release 165 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is out now. This release includes a new feature called Saved Search, which allows complex search queries to be saved and reused. There are also lots of smaller improvements and bug fixes.
In our final release of 2019 we introduced a revamped search which made it possible to construct complex queries to find research in Bipsync.
In this release we’ve made this powerful new search functionality even more useful by introducing the ability to save searches, so they can be reused later. This will be really handy for users who often need to quickly find and come back to specific document types like investment reports from a certain fund across a certain time period, or all files that have been tagged to a company or specific contact or theme, on a regular basis.
Creating a saved search in Bipsync is really easy. First assemble your search by adding tokens to the search field:
Then click the “Save Search” button underneath the tokens to save that search. Your search will now be immeditely available under the “Saved Searches” section of the search menu:
If you’d like to rename a Saved search, to make it even easier to come back to, or to delete a Saved Search, this can be accomplished via a context menu – right-click on a Search to open the menu. Our search has now been renamed:
This new feature will speed up lots of common workflows for our users in both our asset owner and asset manager client-base.
Saved search is available immediately. We’re in the process of migrating revamped search across our existing client base, so if Saved Search is not yet available on your installation, please get in touch if you’d like us to enable it for you.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Note templates can be double-clicked to quickly create a new note from that template.
- GICS categories that have been hidden from the system are no longer available for tagging.
- Files with the .xlsm extension can now be previewed within the app.
- Non-contextual comments can now be added to notes that have been frozen.
- Workflow items can now be found by name via the API.
- User accounts can now be updated via the API.
- Tasks created by a rule will now be shared according to the sharing preferences of the author of the task.
- Metadata exports from the Compliance app now include a URL to notes listed in the report.
- Fixed an issue with displaying a label column in the note list.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this Bipsync Research Management System RMS release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.