Release 171 of the Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now available. In this release we’ve improved the Event Calendar while also expanding the potential for Assistant user accounts. There are also numerous other fixes and improvements.
The Event Calendar now supports the filtering of events by one or more tags, such as a ticker, industry, fund or fund manager.
We’ve also improved the design of the event details pop-up to make it easier to access the actions that can be performed on events, such as creating a new note tagged to that event, or viewing all notes tagged to that event:
We’ve made a number of improvements to event, calendar and contact sync capabilities in Bipsync in recent releases. In short, you can now sync, organize and track calendar events and metadata in Bipsync from your external calendar, either on a per-event basis with Event Sync or via our integration with Microsoft Exchange. Ultimately we’re focused on enabling you to easily and quickly link events and activities and organize alongside your wider research processes, content and workflows. If you’d like more information on specific use-cases, workflows or how this may streamline research processes at your fund – please get in touch.
Assistant Account Improvements
Assistant user accounts provide a way for firms to support their key investment research personnel by allowing aides, like PAs and office admins, to enter and curate content under the identity of another user.
In this release we’ve made it possible for assistant users to not only act as other users, but also as themselves. This gives them more flexibility to author and manage content under the most appropriate account, which has positive implications for reporting and compliance requests.
This feature is optional and can be enabled on request.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added support for the TreePicker field view to the Dashboard Editor.
- Improved the v1/label API endpoint by supporting shared user filtering.
- Made it clear that notes must first be shared with other users before they can be shared to Slack.
- Added support for display the values of Fields on custom widgets.
- Names of Contacts are automatically added to the Spell Checker.
- Added the ability to view the history of Fields which reference other Fields’ data.
- Added the ability to modify the ‘closed’ status of a Pipeline Stage.
- Allowed reports accessed from grids to be viewed by all users and not only those with the Report Management permission.
- Fixed an issue which caused notifications to not be marked as read when closed.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some entities from being opened in a new tab/window.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the persistence of resized grid columns.
- Fixed an issue which caused grid columns containing dates to sometimes not correctly sort.
- Fixed an issue which could cause tasks to not show on the home screen.
- Fixed an issue with pasting content from Microsoft Word into a note created from a template.