Release 204 of the Bipsync Research Management System (RMS) is now available. We’re excited to announce a major new integration along with a raft of smaller improvements.
New Integration: Microsoft Teams
Many of our clients use Microsoft Teams to improve their ability to communicate, especially in recent years as remote and hybrid working has become more commonplace. As a result, they’re increasingly performing key elements of their research workflow within Teams, and we recognised the utility of having Bipsync integrate effortlessly with Teams in the same way that we do with Slack, a similar productivity tool.
This release introduces the ability to post research summaries directly from Bipsync in to Teams, to spark and contextualise discussion around research content. Replies within Teams are synced back to Bipsync as comments on the original research document. The feedback we received from beta-testing clients indicated that this facility has improved engagement with research within Bipsync through increased exposure.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The API and backup export tool now support shareable in-note components.
- HTML fields now support placeholders which are displayed if the field has no value.
- The Client Administration app has gained the ability to dictate whether individual users can access the reporting app.
- Users signing in via Single-Sign-On after being redirected due to an inactive session are now redirected to their original destination after a successful authentication.
- Fixed an issue where grid exports would include an ID value for data lookup fields that referenced child documents.
- A list field that is contained within a group of fields can now have its value set to an object ID via the API.
- The tooltip that is presented while hovering over the research panel’s sharing button now lists all the users and groups that the current research item has been shared with.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.