Release 205 of the Bipsync Research Management System is now available. This release includes expanded market data and improvements to the dashboard editing experience while addressing a few other items.
Expanded Market Data
Bipsync is now able to reference market data for the following international exchanges:
- London Stock Exchange Prices (XLON)
Shenzhen Stock Exchange Prices (XSHE)
Euronext Paris Stock Prices (XPAR)
Hong Kong Stock Exchange Prices (XHKG)
Shanghai Stock Exchange Prices (XSHG)
Japan Exchange Group Prices (XJPX)
Frankfurt Stock Exchange Prices (XFRA)
Xetra Stock Prices (XETR)
Toronto Stock Exchange Prices (XTSE)
Bombay Stock Exchange Prices (XBOM)
This data is available for use within widgets and also within data lookup fields on dashboards:
Exclusive Editing On Dashboards
Back in Release 169 we introduced an Exclusive Editing feature which ensures that only one user at a time can work on a research document. In this release we’re extending support for Exclusive Editing to dashboards, so for example if a user attempts to change field values for a contact, company, fund, or any other entity, they’ll be notified if another user is already making changes. At this point they can either assume editing control or resign responsibility to the other user.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Generated reports can be linked within HTML fields so that they can be downloaded directly from the field
- Report access can now be limited to one or more user groups (in addition to one or more users as was already the case).
- Improved performance when sorting the note list by a date field.
- Improved the calendar event UI in situations where many fields are present.
- When working with grouped fields, any fields that have been configured as mandatory will now be enforced across all rows within the group, instead of only the first row.
- Any fields within grouped fields that have been configured as mandatory will now be enforced across all rows within the group instead of only the first row.
- Improvements to the initial load time of the RMS application.
- The app’s current URL fragment no longer changes when copying a document’s ID.
- Fixed an issue which prevented notes from appearing when filtering by a hierarchical list field’s “Not Set” option.
- Fixed an issue which prevented notes tagged with a given workflow item via a group lookup field from being visible when browsing notes associated with that workflow item.
- Fixed an issue which prevented certain data lookup fields from appearing within notifications sent via email.
- Fixed an issue which caused the wrong field name to be displayed in a grid’s column header for certain data lookup fields.
- Fixed an issue which prevented columns containing contact details in grids from being reordered.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent research subscription notifications from being sent in some situations.
- Fixed an issue which caused child document data lookup fields to not work when the association was between two objects of the same content type.
- Fixed an issue with the default value for boolean fields, causing it to not take effect in all cases.
- Fixed an issue with the quick navigation tool which meant that a subset of content types were unnavigable.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.