The Bipsync Research Management System is now on release 135. Among a number of improvements in this release is a useful improvement to the popular “list” field type, and several new dashboard widget features.
Bipsync’s configurable dashboards continue to evolve, and in this release we’ve added three new features:
- Columns on grid widgets can now be customized to be different on each dashboard on which they appear.
- Filters applied to grid widgets can now be optionally persisted, so each grid’s appearance is maintained between views.
- The contact widget is now able to display related field data for each contact, providing additional context.
One of Bipsync’s most popular field types is the “list” type. This allows the user to choose an option from a list of predefined values, to specify a note’s type (memo, meeting, expert network call, etc.) for example.
In this release we’ve added a configuration option that makes it possible for users to add ad-hoc entries to the list, if none of the predefined values are suitable. This makes lists much more powerful as they can now grow to encompass an even wider range of options.
We understand that the flexibility of this feature will only be relevant to certain fields for many clients, so it’s disabled by default. If you’d like us to enable it for some fields in your Bipsync installation, please let us know.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- A new configuration option allows users to automatically subscribe to the notes they create and notes they comment on.
- CSV exports of tasks now include any tags associated with each task, and the date the task was created.
- The custom reporting feature now lists available reports.
- Field value history is now available via Bipsync’s API.
- Improvements to the installation process of the Web Clipper Chrome extension.
- Fixed a bug which could limit a search within companies to one search at a time.
- Fixed a bug which occasionally prevented attachments that matched a search from being highlighted in the editor.
As usual, please get in touch with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.