The Bipsync Research Management System RMS is now on release 114, with a number of updates and improvements that include:
In release 107 we introduced an improved spellchecker engineered to be more reliable and consistent. Since then we’ve focused on the efficiency of the tool, and in this release users will see a noticeable improvement in its speed.
Spelling mistakes are now highlighted quicker, and suggestions returned faster. These improvements mean the spellchecker is far more efficient when dealing with particularly long notes, or those that feature many spelling mistakes.
If you don’t have the new spellchecker enabled yet, head to Settings > Preferences > Note spellcheck.
New Comment Features
In response to a customer request we’ve added a number of improvements for note comments in this release, including:
- Comments can now be edited after they have been posted, but only by their author. By default comments are only editable for a grace period of one day, after which they are immutable. That period is configurable, so if you would like a longer or shorter period – or to prevent comments from being editable entirely – let us know. We keep a full version history of edits made to comments, and the feature is also compatible with third-party audit trail and archival software such as Global Relay.
- Added the ability to click on “inline” comments – a comment that’s linked to quoted text in the note – to scroll straight to that quoted content in the editor.
Compliance App Improvements
Improvements to the Bipsync Compliance App in this release, include:
- Notes displayed in the Compliance App are now styled so that they display exactly as they would in the other Bipsync apps.
- A new “Export metadata only?” option in the export dialog allows users to limit the export to include the Excel spreadsheet which contains general note metadata, and not the notes themselves. This results in a quicker, smaller download for those who don’t need the full note content in their report.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- You can now opt to be taken to the Home screen immediately after logging in, instead of the last screen you visited. To enable this, click your name in the top-left menu, then head to Settings > Preferences > Bipsync opens with >Home.
- Subscription emails are now more succinct in situations where many updates happen in a short space of time.
- The Web Clipper is now able to accommodate images that have been embedded with a “srcset” attribute.
- The system now remembers the order of how search results are sorted between sessions for each user.
- Various other fixes to the rules engine, PDF attachment previewing, and field display.
Please get in touch with your questions, suggestions and feedback.